- Five (5) Reasons You Should Not Divorce- Elekwachi Champion
Divorce has become a rampant and legitimate act in our generation today; to the point that every marriage is only seeing a reason to embark on it rather than the opposite. “If there is a reason to do something, there is also a reason not to do same”- Elekwachi Champion. Divorce overtime has been proved to be a decision taken out of weariness and frustration. In that no one wakes up sound and happy and decides to divorce the partner if not for an uncontrolled circumstance(s) overpowering their control ability in the marriage. However, there are five proven reasons you should not even think of divorce as your last resort let alone embarking on it.Advertisement
1. GOD HATES DIVORCE.
No matter the reason you see to divorce… Despite how reasonable, cogent and acceptable it may appear; just bear in mind that you have done or are about to do what God hates as stated in Malachi: 2:16.
God is a supreme being recognised by every religion as the maker of all, and the most highest. Always fear and abstain from what God hates.
2. “LET NO MAN PUT ASUNDER”
This statement has become a cliché. Hence, it’s not new to you.
Note that each time you think of divorce or embark on it, you have put ASUNDER to a marriage against a fore warned instruction issued by Jesus Christ in Matthew: 19:6. Never be a separation tool against anybody’s marriage; not even yours.
3. THE TWO SHALL BE ONE (selah).
“He made them male and female”. Have you ever pondered on the meaning of ‘one’? Remember!… One is One, and must remain One. There is no arithmetic that can make One more or less. Therefore, in marriage the two have become one and can only be separated by death. Matthew: 19:5
Also read: When Christianity turns a masquerade
4. “FROM THE BEGINNING IT WAS NOT SO” Matthew: 19:8.
I want to agree succinctly that when something goes wrong any available action can become an option. However, it might not be the original plan of action to handle that particular situation. This is exactly how divorce came to be; not that God’s original plan was for a partner to put away the spouse for any reason. Now, Jesus’ mission on earth is to restore us all to God’s original plan for humanity. Will you refuse that work He did on Calvary? (selah).
5. WHERE IS THE PLACE OF FORGIVENESS?
Yes! It is true that Jesus himself in a bid to answer the Pharisees in Matthew: 19:9 consented to divorce on the basis of ‘unfaithful’. I know you’re happy now your action is being supported. But it’s not just what you think OK….
Love is patient and kind. Love bears all things. (Mark the word ‘all things’) 1 Corinthians:13:4,7.
If love could bear all things and you’re demanded to love even your enemies; how much more your spouse? Even when you’re badly offended to the point of death, can’t you forgive? This is really a hard bone to chew, but it’s typically the truth of the matter and must be told even in the most bitter and difficult moments. God has called us to peace. 1 Corinthians: 7:15c. If you do not forgive your offender your heavenly father will not forgive you. Matthew 6:14-15.
YOU HAVE NO REASON TO DIVORCE!
COME WHAT MAY; FORGIVE AND LET GO SO YOU CAN GET BACK YOUR FIRST LOVE AND BE HAPPY AGAIN.
I LOVE YOU!
Five (5) Reasons You Should Not Divorce- Elekwachi Champion
©Elekwachi Champion, 2020.
- HON. BEN ODUNZEH CONGRATULATES ABBA YUSUF AS NEWLY ELECTED GOVERNOR OF KANO STATE
- HOPE HAS FINALLY COME ALIVE AGAIN IN IMO STATE AS ODUNZEH EMERGES NNPP GUBER CANDIDATE
- EXCLUSIVE: HON. CJ OPARAH SETS A FOOTBALL COMPETITION FOR AWAKA/IHITTA COMMUNITIES IN IMO STATE
- EZEKIEL AND THE VALLEY OF DRY BONES – Pastor Paul Nnamdi
- EXCLUSIVE: FIRST CLASS GEOLOGIST JOINS IMO GUBER RACE
- Extra: Watch Jety Media Interview with Paschaline Jolie
- AN ACCLAIMED LEADER DIM EMEKA OBASI WHO WAS IMPOSED ON UMUNOMO PDP CHAPTER DURING SELLING OF 2023 GOVERNORSHIP AD-HOC DELEGATE FORM ABSCONDED AND DISAPPEARED DURING HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY SEAT ELECTION HELD ON 18TH MARCH 2023.
- FULL DETAILS OF HOW AHIAZU MBAISE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY SEAT WAS DECLARED INCONCLUSIVE